Vulcan is looking to appoint an Account Director in its Brussels office. Ideal start date May 2022.
The Account Director would become the lead for several busy client teams. Their role would involve supporting the Head of office in their day-to-day client work. They would work across Security, Tech and Trade Policy.
Skills & Experience – The candidate must:
- Have 6+ years of relevant work experience (agency, in-house, EU institution etc.);
- Have a University degree (Master’s level) in relevant subjects (e.g. International Relations, Political Science, Economics, Law);
- Have an excellent understanding of the EU institutional system and EU policies;
- Have excellent attention to detail and written skills;
- Exercise good judgement;
- Operational rigor;
- A client-oriented mindset, ability to lead projects and teams and deliver high quality outputs;
- A proven track record;
- Permission to work in Belgium.
- Monitoring of policy issues pertaining to Security, Tech and Trade policy;
- Updating clients as relevant issues arise and often at short notice;
- Identifying engagement and visibility opportunities for clients;
- Preparation of weekly written briefs on aforementioned subject matter;
- Recording and editing of bi-weekly podcast episodes (training can be provided on this);
- Organising webinars and in-person meetings/roundtables/conferences;
- Organising client visits;
- Identifying business development opportunities and preparing proposals.
Personal qualities – The candidate must:
- Be an enthusiastic team player;
- Be able to take initiative and demonstrate pro-activeness;
- Willingness to work on other policy topics as and when needed;
- Demonstrate an attention to detail and an ability to discuss specifics;
- Excellent command of English; fluency in other EU languages also desirable;
- Have excellent organisational and inter-personal skills.
Should you be interested in this position, please send your CV and a cover letter to [email protected]. The deadline is Friday 8 April.
To help us track our recruitment effort, please indicate in your email/cover letter where (unjobvacancies.com) you saw this job posting.