Action Against Hunger is the world’s hunger specialist and leader in a global movement that aims to end life-threatening hunger for good within our lifetimes. For 40 years, the humanitarian and development organization has been on the front lines, treating and preventing hunger across nearly 50 countries. It served more than 21 million people in 2018 alone.
We are recruiting to fill the position of:
Job Title: WASH Programme Manager
Location: Maiduguri, Borno
Employment Type: Full Time
Reporting to: Project Coordinator
Proposed start date: June 2022
Job Categorty: Programmes – WASH
- We are currently looking to fill the role of WASH Programme Manager who will be responsible to Identify and implement quality, relevant and innovative WASH interventions in accordance with the strategy, Action Against Hunger and international standards and national policies and guidelines across Kaga and Konduga LGAs.
- Implementation of projects in accordance with the Action Against Hunger Charter, the Action Against Hunger strategic framework, the policies (WASH and other Action Against Hunger sectors), positioning papers, the national strategy and other WASH standard and policies;
- To participate, if necessary, in the development of the WASH/NFI/Shelter part of the Emergency Preparedness and Response Plan (EPRP) in its area of intervention;
- Promote cross-sectoral integration of the WASH sector with other sectors in collaboration with the Project Coordinator;
- Contribute to an intervention proposal (logical framework, letter of intent, narrative, budget, timeline and procurement plan ….) in collaboration with the relevant departments;
- To be fully aware of its project(s), the issues, the logical framework and the indicators, by having a printed copy of the donor contractual documents, and to share the information with its teams;
- Monitoring of its programs, through internal APR monitoring tools, its regular presence in the field, an updated chronogram, monthly budget monitoring analysis;
- Supporting and monitoring the implementing partner in Nganzai and Magumeri LGA;
- Coordinating its activities with other sectors and departments of Action Against Hunger for a rationalized use of resources and maximum integration;
- Building the capacity of WASH implementing partners and stakeholders.
- Minimum of a Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering or Public Health related field in Water, Sanitation and Hygiene;
- Knowledge of humanitarian principles, sphere and HAP standards and other international humanitarian WASH guidelines
- Minimum of 4 years’ experience as a professional in international NGO context, with a sound knowledge of WASH issues in crisis contexts;
- Good anticipation, planning skill, especially in changing work contexts;
- Problem solving ability; able to enforce procedures;
- Experience communicating in different cultural work environments & with a wide diversity of culture;
- Experience in attending and contributing in meetings with government and other agencies;
- Good communicator: verbal and written. Diplomatic skills are a plus;
- Ability to work with little or no supervision and attention to details;
- Willingness and ability to travel to the field for program monitoring and supportive visits.
Starting Gross Basic Salary / Benefits
- NGN718,840 per month (excluding other benefits)
- Other benefits include but not limited to 100% health care coverage, free and direct access to Cross Knowledge e-learning platform.
Application Closing Date
25th May, 2022.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
- Our employees enjoy a work culture that promotes diversity and inclusion
- Action Against Hunger provides Equal Employment Opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, colour, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability or genetics.
- This is an emergency recruitment and we are looking to fill this role as soon as possible.
- Candidates available to start immediately are highly preferred.
- Qualified women are strongly encouraged to apply.
To help us track our recruitment effort, please indicate in your email/cover letter where (unjobvacancies.com) you saw this job posting.