CTG stands for Committed To Good. With an ethical approach at the heart of all that we do, it is a description that makes us proud. Respect for the fundamental human rights of our staff, and those our staff encounter, is a cornerstone of our values. We strive for gender equality, inclusion and diversity, providing fair and equal opportunities for all. We take a zero tolerance approach to corruption and stay true to local labour laws and all local statutory requirements. In operation since 2006, today we are honoured to serve clients in 15 fragile and conflict-affected states assisting with disaster relief, peace building, humanitarian aid and development programmes through our specialised recruitment, HR management and operational services.
Overview of position
Our client is undertaking a projects that aims to restore access to critical urban service in selected cities a within the Republic of Yemen under Yemen Integrated Urban Services Emergency Project – Phase two (YIUSEP-II) ,One of these services is Water and Sanitation services., In addition under Yemen Emergency Human Capital Project (YEHCP) that aims to restore access and Improving Quality to WSS Services in Selected urban and rural areas with emergency support for WASH interventions in response to COVID-19 pandemic and flash floods and enhanced capacity building of water and sanitation institutions at the local level . our client will be responsible for the design and implementation work of rehabilitation and /construction/ supply goods for water supply and sanitation services infrastructure systems, including networks, water wells, PV solar units, water and laboratory, wastewater treatment plant, diesel gensets, disinfection units, ……etc. that will increase the targeted facilities’ reliability and service capacity. All of that to be done ensuring highest standards in design, and respect of ‘state of the art’ requirements for aesthetics, safety and sustainability
Purpose and Scope of Assignment:
● The incumbent should beable to provide a variety of engineering services required by the our client under instructions and directions of the Project Manager and its deputy, water and sanitation coordinator /City Engineer, and Social Safeguard Officer. The engineering services desired include, but are not limited to:
The scope is to prepare the technical specifications for the procurement of laboratory equipment and instruments required for the target facility in accordance with our client guidelines and standards. This will include but not limited to: Carry out field visits to target facilities to:
Inspect and verify the actual needs;
● Consult with the laboratory management and administration about the expected needs.
● Identify the required laboratory equipment and instruments needed for chemical tests.
● Prepare appropriate technical specifications of laboratory equipment and instruments for target facility based on the actual needs and according to the assets and condition of the present laboratory equipment and instruments. This will include the following:
● Prepare the technical specifications of the instruments needed to perform the required analysis.
● Prepare the technical specifications of the equipment needed for sample preparation for the analysis.
● Prepare the technical specifications of the chemicals and standards required for sample preparation and instruments calibration.
● Identify consumables, spare parts and training required for operation and maintenance of the instruments.
Provide support throughout all stages of designing processes by executing/administering a variety of technical design transactions, preparing materials/documentations, complying with our client processes and procedures.
● Prepare required BoQs and tender documentations to facilitate review and approval processes.
● Working in coordination with our client Water and sanitation Coordinator, Water and sanitation consultant(s), City Engineers and Social Safeguard Officer.
● The consultant will prepare and deliver the required documents in a professional way within specified working period(s).
The consultant will prepare and deliver the required documents in a professional way within specified working period which will include but not limited to: – Technical assessment report. – High quality digital photographs. – AutoCAD detailed design using approved layout templates. – Sizing Calculation sheets. – Bill of Quantities (BOQ), including detailed specifications and cost estimation.
The consultant shall submit the documents of Technical specifications, quantities and cost estimation for all needed procurement for assigned target facility to our client office in Sana’a
To project Manager
Treats all individuals with respect; responds sensitively to differences and encourages others to do the same.
Upholds organizational and ethical norms. Maintains high standards of trustworthiness.
Role model for diversity and inclusion.
Acts as a positive role model contributing to the team spirit. Collaborates and supports the development of others.
Efficiently establishes an appropriate course of action for self and/or others to accomplish a goal.
Actions lead to total task accomplishment through concern for quality in all areas. Sees opportunities and takes the initiative to act on them. Understands that responsible use of resources maximizes our impact on our beneficiaries
Open to change and flexible in a fast paced environment. Effectively adapts own approach to suit changing circumstances or requirements. Reflects on experiences and modifies own behavior. Performance is consistent, even under pressure.
Always pursues continuous improvements. Evaluates data and courses of action to reach logical, pragmatic decisions. Takes an unbiased, rational approach with calculated risks. Applies innovation and creativity to problem-solving.
Expresses ideas or facts in a clear, concise and open manner. Communication indicates a consideration for the feelings and needs of others. Actively listens and proactively shares knowledge. Handles conflict effectively, by overcoming differences of opinion and finding common ground.
Qualifications and Experience:
● Bachelor’s Degree in analytical chemistry is required.
● High School Diploma plus additional 4 years of experience will be accepted in lieu of the Bachelor´s Degree.
b. Work Experience
● 4 years working experience in chemical analysis laboratories is required
● Minimum of 2 years of experience in commissioning and supervising the installment of laboratory instruments is required
● Excellent reporting skills is required
● Fluent in English and Arabic.
How to apply
To help us track our recruitment effort, please indicate in your email/cover letter where (unjobvacancies.com) you saw this job posting.