Organization: WFP - World Food Programme
We are seeking to fill the position of Business Support Assistant G5, based in the Document and Processing Unit (DPU) of the Translation and Documentation Branch (EBST) in the Executive Board Secretariat (EBS) at our Headquarters in Rome, Italy
WFP seeks candidates of the highest integrity and professionalism who share our humanitarian principles. Selection of staff is made on a competitive basis, and we are committed to promoting diversity and gender balance.
Applicants must reside within commuting distance of the duty station Rome, Italy located at Via Cesare Giulio Viola, 68/70, 00148 Roma RM, Italy.
Please note that this vacancy announcement is being issued internally and externally
The Executive Board Secretariat is the interface between the WFP Executive Board membership (Board members and observers) and WFP management. Its core function is to facilitate the governance of the organization by providing professional services to Board processes, and in doing so, to promote dialogue, consensus, trust and understanding between the Board and WFP management.
The position reports to the Chief of the Branch through the DPU Team Leader or his/her designate. Duties will include support to the Translation and Documentation Branch to produce high quality documents in French to the Executive Board and to the whole organization and to service Executive Board meetings.
KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES (not all-inclusive, nor exhaustive)
- Proofread texts translated in French to ensure that the translation is complete and consistent with the original; and that all corrections by revisers are properly reflected;
- Review French documents for accuracy, spelling, grammar and style-guide standards; verify references and official titles against WFP terminology databases and records;
- Format and finalize documentation for the governing bodies and other documents such as letters, reports, publications, etc.;
- Perform terminological research and update terminology database, and pre-process incoming documents and prepare reference material to be used by translators and revisers;
- Assist in the registration of participants to Executive Board meetings;
- Input and update data in the documentation workflow system;
- Perform other related duties, as required.
SPECIFIC POST REQUIREMENTS (As required by the Hiring Manager)
- At least five years of progressively responsible experience in conference and language services work, including at least one year in the production of parliamentary documents.
- Training and/or experience in advanced computer literacy and proofreading of parliamentary documentation in French.
- Ability to write and spell correctly in French and English
- Courtesy, tact and the ability to work with people from different cultures and nationalities
- Knowledge of a third language of the United Nations would be considered an asset
- Knowledge of computer-assisted translation tools.
STANDARD MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
Education: Completion of secondary school education.
Language: Working knowledge (proficiency/FAO level C) of English and French.
Experience: Five or more years of progressively responsible experience in conference and language services work, including at least one year in the production of parliamentary documents and at least one year at the G4 level or equivalent
WFP 4Ps CORE ORGANISATIONAL CAPABILITIES
- Understand and communicate the Strategic Objectives: Helps teammates articulate WFP’s Strategic Objectives.
- Be a force for positive change: Suggests potential improvements to team’s work processes to supervisor.
- Make the mission inspiring to our team: Explains the impact of WFP activities in beneficiary communities to teammates.
- Make our mission visible in everyday actions: Articulates how own unit’s responsibilities will serve WFP’s mission.
- Create an inclusive culture: Seeks opportunities to work with people from different backgrounds.
- Create an “I will”/”We will” spirit: Tracks progress toward goals and shares this information on a regular basis with supervisor.
- Encourage innovation & creative solutions: Explores ways to consistently be more efficient and accurate in own areas of work and shares new methods of work with colleagues.
- Focus on getting results: Focuses on getting results and tracks trends in completion rates for own tasks to identify opportunities for efficiency.
- Make commitments and make good on commitments: Takes responsibility for own tasks and notifies supervisor as soon as possible of potential delays in meeting deadlines or commitments.
Be Decisive: Independently decides what action to take when faced with critical choices in the workplace or in dangerous situations in the field.
- Connect and share across WFP units: Suggests opportunities for partnering with other units to supervisor.
- Build strong external partnerships: Identifies opportunities to work with colleagues and partners in the field towards common goals.
- Be politically agile & adaptable: Develops an understanding of the value of WFP’s teams and external partners in fulfilling team’s goals and objectives.
- Be clear about the value WFP brings to partnerships: Aligns own activities with supervisor’s priorities to fulfill internal and external partner needs.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
WFP offers a competitive compensation package which will be determined by the contract type and selected candidate’s qualification and experience Please visit http://www.wfp.org and click on: ‘Our work’ and ‘Countries’ to learn more about WFP’s operations.
Italian nationals holding a valid passport and/or identity card.
- EU citizens holding a valid passport and/or identity card; AND with confirmed registration from the Italian police authorities or Registrar’s Office (Anagrafe).
- Non-EU citizens holding a valid Italian Resident Permit i.e. Permesso di Soggiorno.
For more information on Italian protocol requirements, please refer to: http://www.poliziadistato.it/arcolo/10930
reside within commuting distance of the duty station Rome, Italy located at Via Cesare Giulio Viola, 68/70, 00148 Roma RM, Italy.
Deadline for applications: 28 December 2021
Ref. VA: 154400
WFP celebrates and embraces diversity, we are committed to creating an inclusive environment for our employees and
the people we serve. All aspects of employment are based on operational needs, job requirements, merit and individual
qualifications. WFP encourages and welcomes qualified candidates irrespective of race, color, national origin, ethnic or
social background, genetic information, gender, gender identity and/or expression, sexual orientation, religion or belief,
HIV status, physical or mental disability. WFP has a zero-tolerance for sexual exploitation and abuse, any kind of
harassment, including sexual harassment, abuse of authority and all forms of discrimination. WFP is committed to the
principle of equal employment opportunity for all our employees, and to providing an inclusive work environment free
of discrimination and harassment, we therefore ensure that all selected candidates undergo rigorous reference and
No appointment under any kind of contract will be offered to members of the UN Advisory Committee on Administrative
and Budgetary Questions (ACABQ), International Civil Service Commission (ICSC), FAO Finance Committee, WFP External
Auditor, WFP Audit Committee, Joint Inspection Unit (JIU) and other similar bodies within the United Nations system with
oversight responsibilities over WFP, both during their service and within three years of ceasing that service.
WFP is committed to diversity and inclusion within its workforce, and encourages all qualified candidates, irrespective
of gender, nationality, religious and ethnic backgrounds, including persons living with disabilities, to apply to become a
part of the organization. We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to
participate in the selection & recruitment process, and for work-related needs upon joining the Programme. WFP has
zero tolerance for sexual exploitation and abuse, any kind of harassment, including sexual harassment, abuse of
authority or discrimination. All selected candidates will, undergo rigorous reference and background checks
To help us track our recruitment effort, please indicate in your cover/motivation letter where (unjobvacancies.com) you saw this job posting.