AHI advances this agenda by working with young people, parents, community opinion leaders, youth-serving organizations, government agencies and policy makers to: Promote and protect young people’s sexual and reproductive health especially, increasing their ability to prevent early pregnancies, sexually transmitted infections including HIV/AIDS and making informed choices about their sexuality free of discrimination, coercion, and violence; as well as developing competencies to thrive now and in adulthood; Increase community awareness and action on challenges youth face so that policies and programmes are put in place to effectively address these issues; and Build alliances to increase the number of government, private sector and civil society programmes offering support and life-enhancing opportunities for young people. Over the last 26 years, AHI has worked to assure that both private and public sector programmes include comprehensive, gender-sensitive, life skills and rights-based approaches to sexuality education and clinical services for youths. During this period, AHI has developed models that have been adopted and expanded by government and other civil society organizations. Some key accomplishments include: Successful advocacy for approval of the national education policy for universal access to sexuality education targeted at young people in Nigeria; and development of the National Family Life and HIV Education Curriculum for primary, secondary and tertiary levels in collaboration with education stakeholders. Facilitating the development of the Family Life and Emerging Health Issues Curriculum for Colleges of Education in Nigeria in collaboration with the National Commission for Colleges of Education(NCCE) Catalyzing/operationalizing Youth-Friendly Health Services in partnership with stakeholders to promote young people’s access to age-appropriate, gender sensitive, sexual and reproductive health information and services in several states of Nigeria. Published reviews and situation analyses on the sexual and reproductive health of married adolescent girls in Northern Nigeria and expanding their access to services in four northern states including facilitating the return of married girls to school. Raising greater awareness about the vulnerabilities of out-of-school adolescent girls in the urban slums of Lagos and facilitating advocacy to improve policy and programming response.
- Job Type Full Time
- Qualification BA/BSc/HND
- Location Lagos
- Job Field Medical / Healthcare
- Work with the SRH Team Lead to provide access to youth-friendly health services.
- Participate in developing, organizing, and facilitating training for clinic service providers on YFHS.
- Help develop a roadmap to increase access to youth-friendly health services.
- Collaborate with providers to arrange event days for youth at their sites.
- Work with program managers to develop/ implement specific programmes serving young people.
- Conduct monthly assessments and reports of services at the YFHS clinic.
- Provide timely reporting to SRH Team Lead on all activities.
- Assist with other related activities as assigned.
- Registered Nurse with the Nursing and Midwifery Council of Nigeria
- Excellent oral & written communication, presentation, and facilitation skills
- Strong relationship-building skills to facilitate partnership with other key providers.
- Experience working with young people on youth-related health issues and the ability to communicate with youths at their level.
- At least one (1) year of experience in clinical practice with a valid practising license.
- Familiarity with public health issues, especially as they affect youth.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should forward their CV to: [email protected] clearly stating the position they are applying for and their full names in the subject area of the email.
- AHI is an equal opportunities employer and is committed to achieving gender balance within the organization.
- Female candidates are encouraged to apply for this position.
- Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
To help us track our recruitment effort, please indicate in your email/cover letter where (unjobvacancies.com) you saw this job posting.