Foreign, Commonwealth & Development Office
The British Government is an inclusive and diversity-friendly employer. We value difference, promote equality and challenge discrimination, enhancing our organisational capability. We welcome and encourage applications from people of all backgrounds. We do not discriminate on the basis of disability, race, colour, ethnicity, gender identity, religion, sexual orientation, age, veteran status or other category protected by law. We promote family-friendly flexible working opportunities, where operational and security needs allow.
Job Category: Foreign, Commonwealth and Development Office (Operations and Corporate Services)
Job Subcategory: Corporate Services Support
Job Description (Roles and Responsibilities)
Our daily work relies on the input of dedicated individuals who engage on many different topics and activities. We seek to employ a diverse range of candidates who bring their own talents and perspectives to the role. We have a strong corporate agenda that ensures we create a positive and inclusive working environment where everyone is valued for their contribution.
The Foreign, Commonwealth & Development Office’s (FCDO) diplomatic missions in Benelux are part of a world-wide network of over 230 Posts representing British political, economic and consular interests overseas. Corporate Services Benelux (CSB), a joint service leading on operational support to the UK diplomatic missions in Brussels and Benelux, is now looking for an Administrative Assistant to support the operations of the Residence by taking on a variety of administrative tasks.
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
- Diary management: handling enquires/making bookings/sending booking forms;
- Printing menus/place cards/table plans;
- Liaising with kitchen staff on menu choices;
- Working with waiting-staff to communicate set-ups, arrival times and dietary restrictions;
- Recording consumption for invoicing purposes and preparation of internal invoices;
- Preparing supplier invoices for management approval;
- Conducting tours of residence with new-starters;
- Managing leave and absence calendar for team;
- Collating feedback from Private Offices (POs) for continuous improvement purposes;
- Liaising with IT when necessary;
- Ordering of supplies; flowers/office supplies/residence supplies.
Essential qualifications, skills and experience
- Full professional proficiency in English, including excellent writing skills (written and spoken, minimum of C1 level for CEFR framework);
- Excellent communication skills;
- Detail oriented with proven administration skills;
- Experience of diary management;
- Good interpersonal skills;
- Excellent time management skills;
- Ability to work under pressure.
Desirable qualifications, skills and experience
- Proficiency with MS Teams, Outlook and Excel;
- Good spoken and written French.
Changing and Improving, Collaborating and Partnering, Managing a Quality Service, Delivering at Pace.
Application deadline: 30 November 2021
Grade: A1 (L)
Type of Position: Fixed Term, Full-time
Working hours per week: 36.25
Duration of Post: 6 months
Region: Europe, Eastern Europe & Central Asia
Type of Post: British Embassy
Number of vacancies: 1
Salary: Currency EUR
Salary: 2,945.07 (gross)
Start Date: 1 February 2022
Other benefits and conditions of employment
This is a fixed term contract of 6 months for 5 working days (36.25 hours net) per week.
The monthly gross salary for this position is € 2,945.07, A1 level. In addition, we offer an extensive salary package, which includes a 13th month, luncheon vouchers, pension scheme, optional hospitalisation insurance (subject to monthly employee contribution), reimbursement of public transport and a lot more. We offer more days of annual leave than the Belgian requirements.
Please note that Belgian nationals will be paid their salary gross and are expected to comply with their tax obligations through completion of a tax return to the Belgian authorities. Non-Belgian nationals will receive their salary net, minus the deduction of an equivalent level of Belgian tax retained at source. Further information on this will be given to candidates during the recruitment process.
Please be sure to indicate that you saw this position on unjobvacancies.com
To help us track our recruitment effort, please indicate in your email/cover letter where (unjobvacancies.com) you saw this job posting.