NRC is currently working in Burkina Faso and Niger as one country program, with staff dedicated to assisting people affected by conflict. Its humanitarian interventions are based on its programming expertise in the Core Competencies of Shelter, Education, Water, Sanitation and Sanitation, livelihoods and Food Security, along with Information Counselling and legal Assistance (ICLA) to vulnerable displaced people that were forced to flee.
Humanitarian and protection needs in Burkina Faso are resultant of the ongoing security crisis in in central Sahel countries.
The critical security situation has caused the displacement of 1.850.293 Internally Displaced Persons (IDPs) in the country as of April 2022 according to the official government data (CONASUR). It is observed that children and women constitute 52% and 53% respectively of the IDP population. As per the Humanitarian Needs Overview (HNO) 2022 the most affected regions of the country have multi-sector humanitarian needs with more than 3.5 million people in need of assistance. NRC is scaling up its programs in Centre-Nord, Nord and Sahel regions in order to respond to the increasing humanitarian needs.
Role and responsibilities
The purpose of the Area Manager position is to ensure high quality and cost effective programme/project implementation in centre north area program.
- Leadership of the Area Management and direct line management for senior project staff and support functions in the area
- Member of the Country Management Group (CMG)
- Compliance with and adherence to NRC policies, guidance and procedures
- Provide area specific input on CC strategies, Country Strategy and Plan of Action
- Organize grants opening, review and closure meetings at area level
- Implementation of projects (including master support budget and coordinating input for donor proposals and reports) in the area, in compliance with contractual commitments (i.e. quality, synergies, timeliness, use of resources).
- Assess needs, develop emergency response and implement response plans
- Ensure optimal use of resources within the allocated project budgets and CC strategies
- Represent NRC and networking on area level
- Ensure that capacity building is provided to all staff in the area
- Ensure overall security and safety of staff in the area
- Coordination with other stakeholders
- Promote the rights of refugees, IDPs/returnees in line with the advocacy strategy
Requirements skills and Competencies
- Minimum 5 years of experience from working as a Senior Project Manager in a humanitarian and recovery context
- Previous experience from working in complex and volatile contexts
- Documented results related to the position’s responsibilities
- Knowledge about own leadership skills/profile
- Fluency in French and in English, both written and verbal
Context/skills, knowledge and experience:
- Knowledge of the context in West Africa
- Experience with start-up, exit or similar
- Handling insecure environment
- Strategic thinking
- Empowering and building trust
- Managing performance and development
- Managing resources to optimise results
What We Offer
Female candidates are strongly encouraged to join our work culture that empowers every employee to share ideas and take responsibility. At NRC we think outside the box. We encourage ideas and give responsibility to all employees at all levels, to help solve the complex issues that we face. You will have many opportunities to be heard and take the initiative.
- Commencement: As soon as possible
- Contract: 12 months
- Grade: 10 in NRC’s grade structure.
- Duty station: Dori
Find the full job description here: JD_Area Manager_Dori.docx
DEADLINE TO APPLY: 10/06/2022
To apply as an internal candidate, click on the suitcase icon “I am an employee” on the top right of the page to be redirected to NRC’s internal career site.
To help us track our recruitment effort, please indicate in your email or application letter where (unjobvacancies.com) you saw this job posting.
Veuillez indiquer dans votre candidature que vous avez consulté cette offre sur le site web unjobvacancies.com