World vision International
Join and be part of a global relief, development and advocacy NGO, dedicated to work with children, families & communities to overcome poverty and injustice. World Vision International was established in 1950 & operates in nearly 100 countries worldwide.
World Vision is committed to the protection of children and we do not employ people whose background is not suitable for working with children. All employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of all applicable background checks, including criminal record checks where possible.
Job Title: Communications Coordinator
If you are Jordanian and meet our requirements, please submit your resume with a covering letter via below website, only applications submitted via our website are accepted
The purpose of this position is to produce a wide range of written, video and photographic communications resources/materials and manage platforms linked to the five focus areas of WV Communications that helps profile and market World Vision Syria Response, at both local and international levels.
Resource Production and Publication
- Source, research, write and share stories about successes and needs in World Vision SR projects.
- Source content, including photos and videos, from our partners. Caption, upload, share and publish as appropriate.
- Regularly pitch story, photo and other resource ideas through the Story Hub website.
- Advise partners on how to gather the best content possible to meet our donor and communication needs.
Ensure all written, photographic, video, web and other resources produced are carried out in alignment with World Vision child protection standards.
Donor related Communications
a. Produce high-quality child-focused written stories, photographs and videos that demonstrate World Vision’s impact for engagement on digital channels, marketing, fundraising, public and donor engagement.
b. Collaborate with Programs and field staff in collecting quality stories, photographs and news articles that can be used in local media, international and blog sites according to donor/project requirements.
c. Execute digital communications strategies and manage social media platforms and communities as agreed with SMQ team
a. Develop a strong internal communications plan to mobilize staff for strategy and ministry execution and impact.
b. Plan, manage and coordinate with different department heads in gathering and producing communications resources such as Calendars, Christmas card, Annual Report and Newsletters.
c. Feature national programming initiatives in regional and global communications platforms.
d. Ensure community voice content is used in internal communications platforms.
e. Support planning and coordination of World Vision Syria Response public and private advocacy and communications events.
f. Support staff training to effectively communicate the impact of World Vision, branding and donor accountability.
Support in monitoring and signing-off on publications and other materials produces containing the World Vision logo to ensure consistency with WVI corporate branding guidelines.
KNOWLEDGE/QUALIFICATIONS FOR THE ROLE
Required Professional Experience
· At least one year of experience working with an NGO or media outlet;
· At least 2-3 years of experience in doing communications and media work, preferably with an NGO
· Excellent creative, organizational and critical thinking skills as well as the ability to work within and across teams and with all levels of staff and stakeholders; resourceful and innovative;
· Proficiency in the use of technology and software (Microsoft Office Suite, Adobe Professional, Google Products);
· Willingness to participate in capacity building initiatives, and implement learnings on-the-job
· Willingness to assume duties and responsibilities in all communications areas, as needed;
· Pro-active and able to multi-task
· Knowledge of technical aspects involved in the production of different public information and education materials;
§ Multimedia skills such as video production, photo management and graphic design
· Experience or knowledge of copywriting and copyediting
Required Education, training, license, registration, and certification;
Bachelor Degree in a media related field (journalism, photography, media relations…etc)
Preferred Knowledge and Qualifications
· Has worked with a non-governmental organization before
· Has worked in implementing humanitarian projects
Travel and/or Work Environment Requirement; 80% Office work, and 20% field based
Language Requirements; Fluent in spoken and written Arabic and English
How to apply
To help us track our recruitment effort, please indicate in your email/cover letter where (unjobvacancies.com) you saw this job posting.