- Panama City, Panama
United Nations Population Fund
The Finance Assistant position is located in the Regional Office (RO). Under the guidance and overall supervision of the International Operations Manager (IOM), the Finance Assistant will report directly to the Finance Associate.
The Finance Assistant is part of the Operations Team of the RO and provides quality services in areas of finance and administration in compliance with the relevant rules, guidelines, processes and procedures. She/He takes a client-oriented, results-focused approach to interpreting the rules, procedures and guidelines, provides support and guidance to the RO, and leadership to finance staff in Country Offices (COs) and the Sub Regional Office (SRO).
In support of UNFPA’s strategic direction at the regional level, contribute to building regional capacity and ensuring effective and efficient application of country offices resources within the region through support in the following activities:
- Administration- Driver’s pool
Our ideal candidate will have:
- High School Diploma in Business and Accounting required, and additional training/studies in accounting, finance, business administration or public administration will be considered an advantage.
- 4 years of financial and administrative experience in the public or private sector;
- Previous experience in a UN Agency is an advantage.
- Ability to interpret financial rules, regulations and procedures and explain them clearly and concisely;
- Experience in Atlas/PeopleSoft, and proficiency in use of spreadsheets, word processing and computerized accounting systems;
- Strong interpersonal and organization skills,
- Demonstrated ability to work in a team environment;
- Good writing and communication skills;
- Demonstrated ability to work in a team
- Fluency in oral and written English and Spanish.
Recommend your friend
To help us track our recruitment effort, please indicate in your cover/motivation letter where (unjobvacancies.com) you saw this job posting.