The Procurement Specialist is responsible for the procurement of goods and services and
supporting improvement in logistics and procurement functions.
Under the overall supervision of the Head of Operations:
1. Develop, facilitate, implement, monitor, and review procurement plans
2. Manage the procurement function at IPPF which includes procurement of goods, works and
3. Responsible for managing all procurement contracts, coordinate and monitor the function
to ensure compliance with procurement policies and practises and donor requirements.
4. Procure all materials and equipment ordered in a cost-effective and transparent manner in
line with ARO and donor specific policies.
5. Liaise with suppliers to create realistic delivery schedules and compare actual deliveries to
evaluate supplier performance and responsiveness.
6. Prepare the request for proposals (RFPs), Request for Quotations (RFQs) and ITB relevant
documents and reports for tender committee review.
7. Participate in evaluation of bids and proposal and make sure the bids evaluation report
technical evaluation, minutes of negation’s and negotiated contract in selection of
consultants contain all the facts and information required to justify the recommendation
made in the reports.
8. Ensure proper procurement systems and procedures to ensure strict adherence to set
policies under the overall finance and administration rules for the Regional Office and SubOffices.
9. Maintain a database on all procurement activities for Regional Office and Sub-Office and
ensure that the purchase of assets is registered in the inventory databases.
10. Maintain and update suppliers list using the Supplier registration form.
11. Coordinate and facilitate the supplier pre-qualification process.
12. Ensure procurement files are accurate and records follow Procurement manual and donor
13. Ensure that filing systems are properly established, that all soft and hard copies of
procurement files and accessible and manageable.
15. Review Invoices attached supporting documents and submit them for payment of suppliers
to finance on a timely manner.
16. Review Invoices and attached supporting documents where necessary to submit for tax
exemption requests the regional Director.
17. Responsible for ensuring that IPPFAR travel policies and procedures are well understood
18. In coordination with the Administration unit establish detailed requirements for office
supplies, equipment and other goods required (for workshops and meetings and the office.
19. Ensure that requisite quotes are obtained from the list of approved suppliers and ensure
that purchases are adequately supported by LPOs, Invoices and Delivery notes.
20. Ensure all approved quotations are captured into the ERP in time and that LPOs raised are
sent to the selected suppliers.
21. Ensure all suppliers/service providers invoices are scrutinized, recorded, and promptly
accounted for into the ERP.
22. Build and maintain positive relationships with all members of staff, and contactors both
within and outside the Federation.
23. Undertake any other reasonable duties as may be requested by the supervisor
Expériences / Formation
- Five (5) years relevant practical procurement experience
- • 8 years relevant experience in procurement and/or financial management, administration
preferably in an NGO.
- Understanding of the local market, local legislation related to contracts, suppliers,
contractors and business requirements and tax regulations, legal aspects of contracting
and contract management.
- NGO experience preferred with thorough understanding of institutional donors’ policies
relating to procurement
- Forecasting; Project management; Logistics information systems; Business strategy; Supply
and inventory management Supply and demand planning
For more details on the job description and on how to apply please visit IPPFAR Website
IPPF offers a wide range of benefits and is an equal opportunity employer.
Applications are particularly encouraged from women, people living with disabilities, people living with HIV and minorities.
To help us track our recruitment effort, please indicate in your email or application letter where (unjobvacancies.com) you saw this job posting.
Veuillez indiquer dans votre candidature que vous avez consulté cette offre sur le site web unjobvacancies.com