United Nations Development Programme, Tbilisi, Georgia
UN Women, grounded in the vision of equality enshrined in the Charter of the United Nations, works for the elimination of discrimination against women and girls; the empowerment of women; and the achievement of equality between women and men as partners and beneficiaries of development, human rights, humanitarian action and peace and security. UN Women in Georgia supports state and non-state partners towards the achievement of substantive gender equality in Georgia. In line with national and international commitments, UN Women works on the levels of policies and legislation, institutions and grassroots, in order to achieve transformative results for increased gender equality and greater protection of the rights of women and girls.
UN Women implements several projects aimed at economic empowerment of women, for example in September 2019 UN Women Georgia Country Office (CO) with the generous support of the Government of Norway launched a three-year project “Good Governance for Gender Equality in Georgia” (GG4GEG) and with it launched the Office’s work in UN Women corporate thematic area of mainstreaming gender into national planning and budgeting (GNP). The GG4GEG project was extended in July 2021 to cover work under women’s economic empowerment portfolio with the key emphasis on working with gender responsive private sector and supporting women’s increased participation in agritourism and ICT fields.
Also, since December 2020, UN Women is implementing a project “Fostering economic empowerment of women farmers by supporting homemade dairy production in Georgia through the Farmer Field Schools approach” in partnership with the UN Food and Agriculture Agency (FAO), funded by the Swiss Development Cooperation (SDC).
To render administrative support to the implementation of the projects, UN Women is planning to hire project assistant. Reporting primarily to the WEE Programme Analyst, the Project Assistant will work in close collaboration with the programme and operations team of UN Women Georgia CO, responsible parties, and partners to ensure successful implementation of the project and achievement of planned results.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Assist in the preparation of reports, project documentation and submissions;
- Assist in monitoring of the project activities by reviewing project documentation and a variety of records, progress reports, budgets, and financial expenditures;
- Maintain accurate financial and personnel records of the project as required by UN Women Country Office;
- Document project activities and reports;
- Ensure the maintenance of a filing system, reports or other documentation on the project;
- Assist in coordination of the exchange of information among the project partners / responsible parties;
- Prepare and distribute invitation, agendas, various information, etc.;
- Draft correspondence of a routine nature, responses to inquiries ensuring correctness in terms of format, grammar, and spelling;
- Make arrangements for appointments and meetings, provide administrative support to conferences, workshops, retreats;
- Facilitate travel arrangements: initiate travel authorization for approval, reserve flight schedules, coordinate with the Country Office Operations section for relevant travel advances and claims, seek appropriate visa and security clearances;
- Make arrangements for appointments and meetings, providing administrative support to conferences, workshops, retreats of the project;
- Prepare payment requests, financial reports, budget planning, and financial expenditures as needed;
- Safe keeping and maintenance of the project / UN Women equipment and stocks;
- Support the project in the procurement process including preparation of RFPs, TORs, receipt of RFQs, bids for proposals and participate in the evaluation process;
- Support to the management of physical assets disposal/transfer; follow up on request and maintenance for disposal/transfer action and enter records in the asset control database ensuring inventory records are up to date and accurate;
- Maintain an up-to-date list of inventory of the project and support annual physical verification by checking the accuracy of records and location of property;
- Provide administrative services: set up and maintain project files, collect project related information data, update plans, provide support to the quality review process, and support the organization of the Project Board meetings;
- Create requisitions in ATLAS for the project, register of good receipt in Atlas;
- Make budget checks for requisitions;
- Monitor implementation of outstanding balance of direct cash transfer to partners through ATLAS system;
- Undertake basic financial analysis (i.e. budget variance) to support project information needs;
- Prepare financial reports based on donor and project requirements and provide timely reports from ATLAS (such as PDRs);
- Providing overall management support and management of the project in Atlas, preparation of required budget revisions, revision of project award and project status, determination of unutilized funds, operational and financial close of a project;
- Track the financial status of the project at all times and monitor the performance of contractors; prepare budgetary revisions in ATLAS to reflect any adjustments to the initial approved budget and to be finalized for the year(s) affected by the adjustment;
- Act as an interpreter/translator on matters relating to WEE activities from English, Russian and into Georgian language and vice versa when required;
- Assist in preparation of donor reports for the project;
- Assist in Operational Closure of the project;
- Assist with photocopying, scanning, and faxing (both Country Office and project-related activities);
- Maintain general office organization (office supplies, rent, communication and transportation issues, etc.);
- Undertake any other project assistance tasks as assigned;
- Perform other relevant duties as required.
Required Skills and Experience
- At least Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, logistics, economics, mathematics or a related field
- At least 5 years of experience in administration, procurement or logistics support service.
- Prior experience with development organizations and/or NGOs is a strong asset
- Experience in preparation of presentations, meetings, and administrative documentation for projects
- Experience in handling of web-based management systems is an added advantage
- Proficiency in the usage of Excel and good understanding of program budgets;
- Fluency in Georgian and English
- Knowledge of other UN official working language will be an asset.
11th May, 2022
To help us track our recruitment effort, please indicate in your cover/motivation letter where (unjobvacancies.com) you saw this job posting.