ERIM (formerly known as IREX Europe) is a not-for-profit organisation based in Lyon, France. We provide innovative programmes to promote human rights, strengthen independent media and civil society. The ERIM approach emphasises partnerships with local development organisations to expand capacity, build sustainable institutions and affect change through training, partnerships, education, research and grant programmes.
ERIM is looking for an experienced Project Manager to work with our team in implementing civil society, media development and human rights programmes in the Eastern Partnership region.
- Provide support for the implementation of different donor funded projects, directly managing projects and working with partners and other Project Managers on administration, monitoring and evaluation, reporting and project tracking.
- Identifying, researching and developing new opportunities and applications for funding within ERIM’s mandate and using ERIM’s specific skills and capacities.
- General research on human rights issues and independent media/freedom of the press issues.
- Bachelors or Masters degree in a relevant field of study (law, human rights, development, social studies, international relations, media, communication, journalism, etc.) and/or the equivalent combination of education and work experience.
- At least five years’ experience in international project management in the fields of civil society development, human rights promotion and/or media development
· Knowledge of and experience with the civil society and media landscape in Eastern Partnership countries
- Ability to work independently and meet deadlines.
- Willingness to travel internationally and work on a flexible schedule
- Strong team working and communication skills
- Excellent computer skills (Word, Powerpoint, Excel)
- Fluency in written and spoken English
The following criteria will be considered as an advantage:
- Based or willingness to be based in Lyon
- Proven previous experience in new business development, grant and service contract design and writing
- Russian language
The contract will be a 12-month consultancy contract or CDD starting as soon as possible. Gross salary is 2450 EUR/month with flexible working hours and up to 2 days working from home allowed.
ERIM is an Equal Opportunity Employer and encourages applications from qualified individuals regardless of actual or perceived race, religion, color, sex, age, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, personal appearance, family status or responsibilities, gender identity or expression.
How to apply
If you are interested, please send a CV and motivation letter to [email protected], [email protected] and [email protected] before the 15 August 2021, please put “Project manager 2021” in the title of your email. We will review applications on a rolling basis. If pre-selected, you will be contacted for an interview. No phone calls please.
To help us track our recruitment effort, please indicate in your email/cover letter where (unjobvacancies.com) you saw this job posting.