United Nations Environment Programme , Paris, France
- Supports the development and recommendation of strategies concerning the implementation of the Economy Division’s Programme of Work (PoW), with a specific focus on the Energy & Climate Branch & GGKP.
- Supports the preparation of the Economy Division’s biennium programme of work and budget, ensuring that the proposed activities of each unit are in line with UNEP and the Economy Division’s overall objectives.
- Prepares advice and recommendations to the Division management on the development of the work programme and the preparation of project proposals.
- Has regular contacts with unit & initiative teams to assess and monitor progress made on the implementation of Branch objectives, prepare briefing to the Chief Administration and the Branch head, and prepare relevant progress and management.
- Supports the day-to-day management of administrative, budget and personnel issues in the Energy & Climate Branch and GGKP, including:
- Reviewing and recommending to the Lead Administrative Officer, the overall budgetary allocation liaising with Unit teams in Paris, Geneva, Copenhagen, and Nairobi.
- Supporting the preparation of legal agreements and corporate contracts.
- Ensuring the most efficient and cost-effective use of the Economy Division’s financial and human resources, recommending policies and strategies as necessary.
- Supports the divisional work on forensic accounting & project closure, improving the Divisional compliance to the corporate fiduciary standards, and acting as Corporate Resource Team in project closure.
- Provides monthly financial reports to the Chief Programme and Administration unit on Divisional funding sources, provides analysis for early risk identification and decision making.
- Completion of High school diploma or equivalent is required with additional qualification in Finance, Accounting or Administration or related field.
- Passing the Global General Service Test (GGST) is a prerequisite for recruitment consideration in the General Services and related categories in the United Nations Secretariat. Successful passing of the Administrative Support Assessment Test (ASAT) in English at the United Nations Headquarters (UNHQ), Economic Commission for Africa (ECA), Economic and Social Commission for Western Asia (ESCWA), United Nations Office at Geneva (UNOG), United Nations Office at Vienna (UNOV), International Criminal Tribunal for Rwanda (ICTR) or International Criminal Tribunal for the former Yugoslavia (ICTY) may be accepted in lieu of the GGST.
- The GGST is administered to applicants when required before the administration of a written assessment and/or interview.
- A minimum of ten (10) years of progressively responsible experience in finance, accounting, administration, or related field with progressive managerial exposure is required.
- Five (5) years’ work experience in Finance is desirable.
- Work experience with UN rules and regulations is desirable.
- English and French are the working languages of the United Nations Secretariat.
- For this post fluency in oral and written English is required.
- Knowledge of French is desirable.
- Knowledge of another UN official language is desirable.
18th May, 2022
To help us track our recruitment effort, please indicate in your cover/motivation letter where (unjobvacancies.com) you saw this job posting.